Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Noble makes third Block I discovery

Noble Energy has made a significant discovery of condensate and natural gas in the well I-4 in Block I, which is on trend with the Belinda discovery on Block O off Equatorial Guinea.

This is the third discovery of hydrocarbons made in exploration wells drilled at Block I during 2007. The operator estimates that the resource range is 60 percent higher in the Belinda trend than initially estimated. Noble said high quality Miocene reservoirs had been encountered that, when tested, yielded flow rates of 1,634 b/d of condensate and 28.9 MMcf/d (818,000 MMcm/d) of natural gas, equivalent to approximately 6,450 BOE/d. The production rates were limited by test equipment. "The exploration drillings in Block I have once again proved to be a success. The well I-4 was drilled on the same play concept as the previous three wells. All four wells have verified the presence of substantial hydrocarbons in the block. The partners at Block I plan to carry out an active exploration and appraisal-drilling program in 2008 as they assess the options to commercialize the discoveries.
Read More

No comments: